I've been watching Girl Meets World, a spin off of the 90's Boy Meets World, for my groups content analysis project. It's been nostalgic as I watch grown up Cory and Topgana as the raise two kids of their own. I remember afternoons spent watching Cory, Sean, and the gang grow up. It was one of my favorite shows and I really felt I could connect to some of the life challenges. Watching Girl Meets World has been interesting. I'm definitely not a tween anymore so the humor found in the show doesn't appeal to me. There are still circumstances that I'm sure teens can relate. I do think it's fun that Disney decided to re-do the series, this time with Cory and Topanga's daughter as the lead. It's fun to see some connections to the past series and see how it is applicable to the youth today.

I'm glad you wrote about this. I was a huge boy meets world fan and I have just recently heard about girl meets world. I've heard mixed reviews and yours makes a lot of sense. I can see how the humor was better when you were a teenager, that might be why my friends that are watching now in college don't think that it's as funny.
ReplyDelete