Sunday, March 27, 2016

If only we all could be like Rudy

Rudy- one of the greatest football movies of all time. My husband recently got accepted to Notre Dame's  Master of Accountancy program and immediately I thought of Rudy. I decided to borrow the movie and realized why I loved it so much.
Based on a true story, Rudy is the story of a young man that dreamt of attending Notre Dame and playing for their football team. The only problem; he was only about 5 feet tall, weighed just over 100 or so pounds, and couldn't make the grades to get in. (**Spoiler Alert). He had a dream and he did everything he could and finally after applying to Notre Dame four times got accepted. He tried out and got on. As the story continues, Rudy works so hard to actually play, but doesn't play until the last game of the season.
Rudy is a great example of perseverance. He works so hard to reach his goals and does nothing to stop until he gets it. He has lots of moments of discouragement and even feels like giving up, but is determined in the end. If only we all could be like Rudy.


1 comment:

  1. Love this movie! I love the encouragement that Rudy receives from strangers and his good friend! Makes me consider my actions and my reaction toward others dreams.

    ReplyDelete